The children are more affected. What they see they learn and adapt. Lets help them to reduce it’s roots.
Many times when someone hears the word domestic violence the first thought that comes to their mind is that man who beats up their wife on a daily. It is on rare occasions that people think about the battered men . But this is because most men can not come up to the public and say “my wife beat me up”. In Africa, it is losing respect if your wife beats you up. You are considered weak.
Leaving the mystery of the victims, people forget about the children who grow up seeing their parents fighting each every other day, quarreling and doing all sorts of violent things to each other. Sometimes that anger is passed onto the children and in the long run these children are affected.They can not associate with others peacefully because each time their father has an issue with the mother or vice versa, its about fighting. Therefore, such a child ends up being brutal and a poor listener because they think if you have a long hand, that is all you need to get what you want or solve your problems.
Today i will share some of my favorite verses from the book of proverbs.
- It is better much better to have wisdom and knowledge than gold and silver.
-We may make our plans, but God has the last word.
- Pride leads to destruction, and arrogance to downfall.
- Get all the advixe you can, and you will succeed; without it you will fail.
- If you want people to like you, forgive them when they wrong you. Remembering wrongs can break up a friendship.
- Long life is a reward of the righteous; grey hair is a glorious crown.
- Listen before you answer. If you don’t ypu are being stupid and insulting.
- If you spend your time sleeping, you will be poor. Keep busy and you will have plenty to eat.
- Everyone talks about how loyal and faithful he is, but just try to find someone.
- People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron.
Hope you learn something from the above. Have fun reading.